Boost Service & Leverage Your ERP Investments
VServiceManagement™ helps you improve your entire service lifecycle. This end-to-end field service management solution was built from the ground up on our cloud-based technology platform. VServiceManagement™ leverages your existing back-office systems while seamlessly managing your business processes from work order creation to completion. Deploy as a traditional on-premise solution, via private cloud, or as a SaaS/public cloud solution.
Are you also interested in CX (Customer Experience) Contact Center Management solutions? Click Here.
Modules of VServiceManagement™
Overview of VServiceManagement™
- End-to-End service lifecycle management offered on a leading technology platform
- Automate via Business Process Management (BPM) functionality – escalation and proactive business rules
- Integrate easily with CTI or your website for service request creation; leverage current inventory and logistics systems (ERP)
- Improves customer centricity with inventory visibility, workload balancing, and SLA adherence
- Minimize Service-to-Invoice Time and Increase Contract Profitability
- Report on critical service operations and productivity – Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- "Close the Loop": Service Request, SLA/entitlement, dispatch, through field mobility – streamline your service
- Connect your back end operations with your service operations
- Create 360° views of client and personnel service activity
- Implement, deploy, and automate in weeks/months vs. months/years
- Maintain and manage with your current personnel; Lower your TCO
- Not a “rip and replace” but leverages current systems; SOA-compliant
Vertical Solutions, Inc. (VSI)’s Premiere Co-location Partner is CyrusOne. More information regarding CyrusOne is available at www.CyrusOne.com.
CRM for Field Service
VServiceManagement™ is a CRM & Field Service Management solution built on a cloud-based technology platform. It's unique, multi-channel capabilities enable companies to automate interactions between any entity, database, or group to deliver seamless, consistent support based on proven business processes. VServiceManagement™ provides an end-to-end solution for service management organizations that leverage field support services including dispatch and mobile technologies.
We Lead with Service
At Vertical Solutions, we lead with service. Unlike applications developed for CRM sales management or knowledge management, VServiceManagement™ was developed from the ground up for service management and field service operations. With more than twenty years of experience in Service Management, our approach enables you to automate your strongest business processes, integrate every group or entity that interacts with your service organization, and streamline your business.
- Robust workflow management engine
- Full cycle solution featuring a modular approach
- Fully integrated service contracts and warranty management
- Multiple dispatch and scheduling options
- Knowledge Management
- Depot and Inventory functionality
- Integrated time and expense management
- Reporting and analytics including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Multiple mobile applications
- Up-sell and cross-sell capabilities
- Best-in-class field service management software
- Quickly Deploy and Integrate (SOA)
- Easily Create and Manage Your Business Processes (BPM)
- Multi-Channel Support including Social CRM
- Customer and Knowledge-Centric Technology
- Maximize knowledge sharing
- Increase service revenue opportunities
- Automate services and manage exceptions
- Create straightforward processes or complex, integrated processes
- Driven by business, not by IT
Business Process Management (BPM) for Service
"If you can write a business process down, you can create a workflow for it in VServiceManagement™ – it’s that easy."
VServiceManagement™ was developed using platform-layer technology, which delivers exceptionally powerful performance at exponentially faster speeds. Business users are now empowered to create their own processes, with no dependency on an internal or external development team.
A simple and intuitive drag-and-drop interface gives business users a visual tool to design, test, implement, and document their business processes simultaneously. Base workflows can serve as templates for different customers or business units; allowing the base workflow to be copied and modified to meet the specific need.
Whether responding to an escalation or web service event, or simply sending an e-mail notification when a new request is opened, VServiceManagement™ BPM can respond to allow your organization to be efficient and proactive in your day to day operations.
- Libraries of workflow templates can be created, shared, or customized, quickly and easily
- Drag-and-drop feature enables users to build upon shared knowledge
- Integrate seamlessly with multiple databases
- Integrate multiple, adjacent tasks and incidents into workflows
- Reduce and/or eliminate manual processes
- Systematically develop workflows
- Improve service/support operations to adhere to best practices and enhance outcomes
- Quickly and easily maneuver once daunting tasks
- Make changes and add necessary functionality
- Little to no intervention of IT or external programming
- High level of configurability
- Reduce the time required to build and implement new workflows
- Easily integrate with internal and external systems
Knowledge Management for Service
VServiceManagement™ helps enable service organizations to become great service providers when they effectively capture and share knowledge. The right information enables support and field technicians to solve problems quicker, improve customer satisfaction, and increase productivity. VServiceManagement™ Knowledge Management solution enables your service stakeholders to streamline the steps involved in connecting all aspects of the service lifecycle with the right information.
- Establish your own parameters and processes for creating, managing, and publishing knowledge articles without expensive customization
- Quickly and easily create Wiki articles directly from resolved requests, allowing other personnel and technicians to benefit from successful resolution processes
- Manage versioning and editing with the history tab, which tracks every edit to a document from its creation
- Permit agents to rate articles, and display those articles with the highest rank at the top
- Workflow Engine enables you to establish your own parameters for knowledge creation, management, and publication – you no longer have to conform to arbitrary processes
- Uses a wiki platform
- Easily create knowledge articles
- Create standard formatting and tagging
- Develop more than one knowledge base
- Grant permission level assignment
- Enhance access to useful information
- Streamline access to best practices
- Increase technician collaboration
- Improve technician productivity
- Limit "tribal knowledge"
"With VServiceManagement™, creating partitions of data is as easy as adding a new customer."
Today’s service operations are the hub of business activity, touching multiple business units and even multiple clients. While some business processes and databases can be shared among these various groups, most contact centers have complex data management needs that require segmentation.
VServiceManagement™ offers a robust, innate data segmentation function that enables your contact center to create partitions of data. Whether your service operation requires multiple segments for individual clients, or data security for various business units, VServiceManagement™ offers an easy-to-implement and easy-to-manage data segmentation option.
- Create partitions of data for individual clients, business units, or entities, each with its own customized workflow, business processes, and nomenclature
- Improve security by enabling access to only authorized users, and enable multiple users to access more than one segment
- Establish individual partitions quickly and easily, without database experts or expensive programming, via options
from the main menu of VServiceManagement™
- Manage multiple business units, clients, or entities from the same core application, partitioned via secure log-in and authentication
- Simplify creation of new data segments
- Decrease manual table segmentation
- Grant permission level assignment
- Enable creation of business processes, workflows, and nomenclature
- Customize operations by client and/or business unit
- Manage multiple clients and business units
- Provide secure access for third-party service organizations
VServiceManagement™ offers guidance functions for system Users (Operation or Field Technicians), to help provide pertinent information regarding the data being captured during the end-to-end service process. (i.e. Enforced).
VServiceManagement™ offers a situational guidance function, Tip Expert, to help provide system users pertinent information and suggestions regarding data captured during the request-taking process. (i.e. Suggested)
- Tip Expert is suggested guidance for system users
- Service Guidance can be enforced all the way to the data capture field level
- Can be based on security profiles
- Can also be included in the Self-Help Portals
- On-board users more quickly, minimizing upfront training expenses
- Provide guidance for users to ensure streamlined processes and information sharing
- Provide up-sell and cross-sell information for your service organizations
- Alert multi-faceted support (sites, business lines, etc.) organizations with real-time information regarding clients, business, products, etc
Service Contracts & Warranty Management
When supporting and servicing your clients, entitlement can play an integral part in maximizing revenue streams. VServiceManagement™’s contract management capabilities provide an integrated tool to improve contract profitability.
- Manage the full life-cycle of contracts from initial proposal (including multiple pricing options) through activation and retirement
- Actively support asset-based and product-class based contracts in addition to multiple draw down types and integrated multi-tiered warranty management
VServiceManagement™ tightly integrates service and support operations for seamless application of entitlements including SLAs, billing terms, and coverage plans.
- SLA, billing terms, and coverage plan administration
- Asset and product based contracts
- Warranty administration
- Configurable contracts including fixed and dynamic pricing
- Drawdown contracts
- Increase T&M billing
- Improve service contract profitability
- Proactively manage entitlement
- Assure pre-negotiated terms and conditions are properly applied
- Pre-define service templates for labor, parts, and expense
Field Dispatch & Scheduling
VServiceManagement™ offers several methods and tools to provide seamless field dispatch and scheduling to enhance your field operations. Field accountability and utilization are Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that can be the difference between a "cost center" and a "profit center". VServiceManagement™ offers functionality for high-end field organizations as well as the mid market to enhance service organizations ROI opportunities.
Standard functionality provides service organizations the capability to associate (or dispatch) service requests and work orders with the appropriate work groups. The requests can be dispatched based on a number of criteria including (but not limited to) skill sets, work load, inventory, request status, and predictive maintenance programs.
Tracker provides additional visual tooling for service organizations' dispatchers. This module provides visibility into field technician proximity to customer service location. Technicians can be qualified based on required skill sets and defined parts requirements. Integration to Google API and GPS systems can be leveraged to provide real-time updates on technician’s current location.
- Fully integrated dispatch and scheduling
- Scheduling based on workload, skill, geo, entitlement, shifts, etc.
- Simple to complex scheduling modules
- Fully integrated mobile options
- Real-time execution
- Improve control and visibility
- Consistent decision making
- Centralized planning, scheduling, and dispatching
- Streamline field operations and optimization
- Improve productivity
- Eliminate penalties due to missed service level agreements (SLAs)
Time & Expense
VServiceManagement™ offers time and expense management solutions that provide a single point of access for CSRs and their managers to review, submit, and manage their time entries from work orders and requests, thus eliminating the need for duplicating entry in multiple systems. From the Timekeeping module, CSRs can review all time entries made within VServiceManagement™ - business and personal (sick leave, vacation, etc.) - to verify accuracy before submitting them to management. Management can then review, approve, and/or reject the CSR entries with a full audit trail.
VServiceManagement™ offers depot repair functionality that allows customers to track and control defective units being sent to / from a repair location. Fully integrated within VServiceManagement™, engineers can quickly enter RMA orders and list the units to be returned. These units are tracked in the repair location, with the ability to access information such as: when parts are received, who worked on them and for how long, parts used to make the repair, and back through to final shipment to the customer or return into company usable stock. The module also supports advanced exchange repairs with escalations and reports available for units that have not been received in a timely manner.
- Allows creation of RMAs directly from Service Requests
- Full integration with Field Service Processes
- Provides depot techs visibility into equipment’s service history
- Allows definition of equipment-specific tasks & material lists
- Repaired goods can be returned to customer or transferred to inventory
- Seamlessly feeds the application’s vendor warranty recovery processes
- Streamlines operations
- Provides a true end-to-end process within a single system
- Enables techs to review past failure trends
- Assures that best practices
are adhered to
- Helps to optimize inventory stores
- Streamlines warranty recovery from equipment manufacturers
Inventory for Service
VServiceManagement™ is not developed to serve as an inventory or logistics system. It can initiate and/or reflect various inventory related functions that are performed within the application by the corporate logistics system (ERP) as summarized below:
- Accommodates hierarchical warehouse structures; Allows defining "parent" and "child" warehouse relationships
- Tracks warehouse and van stock inventories; Serialized and Non Serialized
- Integrated Parts Orders functionality; Allows multiple lines per Order
- Flexible ship-to address definition can default address for customers, warehouses OR one-off addresses thaht are unique to the situation
- Interactive links to shipping carrier information allows real-time tracking of shipment status
- Can be linked and initiated via a Service Request for Parts related requirements
- Rule based submission and approval process to provide point of review before orders are passed to ERP
- Enterprise Inventory Visibility and Ordering; FE's can view service Parts availability within warehouses, car stock, or distribution centers and can place replenishment orders directly from the mobile device.
- Visibility into all warehouse inventories including technician truck-stock
- Flexible warehouse structures to mirror or extend your ERP warehouses
- Real-time posting of parts usage and integration to your ERP
- Ability to create Parts Orders directly from within Service Requests
- In-transit tracking of shipments via carrier web-sites
- Helps optimize inventory deployment and aids in sourcing “emergency” parts
- Allows definition of non-standard stocking locations such as spares lockers or closets
- Assures that system inventory levels are always accurate and up to date
- Streamlines order entry and tracking processes
- Provides real-time visibility into delivery status of mission critical parts
Vertical Services Platform™ – VSP™ applications contain multiple tools to enhance your ability to report and trend on your business interactions. VSP™ incorporates best practices, industry Key Performance Inicators (KPIs) and over twenty years of experience in the support services marketplace for out of the box reporting which is native to the applications. Configurable dashboards based on security driven roles enable system users to view data and drill down into associated details. VSP™ also supports Microsoft®, Crystal®, and Cognos® amongst other reporting technologies.
In addition VSP™ leverages several additional reporting functions that can be included in your licensing schema.
VReport Wizard™ (powered by Exago®)
- Traditional ad hoc report writers do not allow end users to create a single report containing multiple one-to-many relationships. (Example: a report that required a detailed listing by store, of revenue by each kitchen appliance sold and revenue by each hardware item sold, with subtotals by kitchen appliances and subtotals by hardware.) Rather than having to go thru the complicated process of creating and linking sub reports, VReport Wizard allows the end user to design one comprehensive report.
VSP™ applications provide the appropriate tools for your company to benchmark KPIs as well as ad hoc reporting options. Please contact email@example.com for further information regarding our technology.
- Standard Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reporting
- Industry standard reporting
- Multiple reporting options
- IT and Business user reporting tools
- Leverage current reporting tools
- Enable ad-hoc reporting
- Easily export data to leverage other reporting needs
Client Portal - Self Help with Login
The Client Portal offers an extranet and an intranet portal access for end users. Each of these types can also utilize an embedded option which allows control of the portal from within enterprise websites. The Client Portal is a security driven customer facing option and is a login required licensing model.
Consumer Portal - Self Help without Login
The Consumer Portal module offers an extranet and an intranet portal access. Each of these types can also utilize an embedded option which allows control of the portal from within enterprise websites. The Consumer Portal is a transaction based licensing model and is billed monthly, quarterly, or on an annual basis.
Dealer Portal - Self Help with Login
The Dealer Portal offers an extranet and an intranet portal access for end users and Dealer Networks. Each of these types can also utilize an embedded option which allows control of the portal from within enterprise websites. The Dealer Portal is a security driven customer facing option and is a login required licensing model that can enable further self help options for Dealers and Third-Party support service organizations.
- Multiple levels of self-help
- Embed knowledge management
- Drive your end users via guidance
- Limit internal head count
- Integrate to your web strategy
- Increase customer knowledge share
- Promote additional services
- Enable your call center agents to focus on higher priority requests
- Increase customer retention
- Streamline your support processes
- Eliminate redundant call volumes
The Vertical Services Platform™ – VSP™ Broker enables the monitoring of multiple email boxes within an organization. Emails sent to one of the monitored mailboxes can then be processed through the VSP™ Workflow engine with intuitive actions taken based on the such data as the "from" address, "to" address, subject, and body of the email.
The workflow engine can, based on the inbound email, then perform actions that are available in the application. The workflow can create new, or update existing requests, create new contact or organization records; initiate customer specific processes in VSP™ applications or any other application. Additionally emails can be sent automatically to the sender, to acknowledge receipt of the email, as well as to people within the support service organization to inform them of receipt.
- Automate incoming email requests
- Initiate requests via external systems
- Track email threads in and out of your contact center
- Automatically initiate workflow
- Track and manage communication
- Ease of integration to external systems, databases, and websites
- Automate standard responses
VSI offers online, hybrid, and offline solutions for field service personnel. VSI’s HTML5 development provides “device agnostic” capabilities that enable end user organizations a flexible path in regards to hardware and software investments; lowering the overall I.T. spend as well as TCO. FieldCom HTML5 mobile solutions currently support iOS, Android, and Windows devices. As the world moves further into mobility, VSI is leading the way with over twenty years of service mobility experience.
- User-friendly menus
- Superior visibility into all service request activity
- Online hybrid and offline solutions
- Knowledge share and collaboration
- Enterprise inventory visibility and ordering
- Auto-application of customer/equipment/contract T's & C's and billing
- Full posting of labor, parts and expenses
- Customer signature capture
- Brother Int’l® printer integration
- Anoto® digital pen integration
- Quick-dial capability
- Minimize service-to-invoice time
- Reduce unpaid invoices
- Increase T&M billing and improve service contract profitability
- Improved accuracy in time accounting and cost tracking
- Improved work prioritizing
- Escalation tracking pre-notifies management of SLA jeopardy
- Reduce customer downtime
Telephony (CTI) and Unified Communications (UC)
Integration enables an organization to automatically populate a request form with information attained via the customer’s phone system (PBX and ACD). As technology moves forward quickly the ability to manage multi channel communication such as phone, chat, fax, and email can enhance your customer’s experience. Vertical Solutions, Inc continues to leverage providers such as Cisco®, Avaya®, Aspect®, InContact®, Shoretel®, Interactive Intelligence® and others to maximize value.
Single Sign On (SSO)
Integration allows system users to log into the VSP applications seamlessly by utilizing integration between Vertical Services Platform™ – VSP™ and SSO applications such as Tivoli® Global Sign On, SecureLogin®, PassWerks® amongst others.
Active Directory (AD)
Integration enables VSP™ applications to synchronize Active directory or LDAP compliant system to control and monitor logins and access to Caller / Contact tables and display LDAP information.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Though VSP™ applications can run as standalone systems, VContactCenter™ can leverage an ERP system’s inventory, logistics, and financial functionalities while creating a CXM (Customer Experience Management) “front end” that is far more functional and flexible to accommodate both the contact center operations and field service organization. Possible touch points typically include (sample only) Customer Master, Product Master, Warranty, Contract Sales Renewal, Service Billing, Parts Orders, Parts Usage, etc.
Sample ERP integrations include NetSuite®, SAP®, Oracle®, JD Edwards®, Microsoft Dynamics®, AS/400 applications, BAAN®, etc.
Customer Relationship Management (Sales CRM)
VSP™ applications are focused on support and service. Whether you have a homegrown Sales Tool, an ERP vendor Sales Tool, or an off the shelf Sales CRM Tool, VSI can easily integrate to form a closed loop around the client and interactions and potential future opportunities. Sample CRM Sales integrations include Salesforce.com®, Microsoft CRM®, Sales Order Configuration tools, etc.
- Integrate via web-based workflow and BPM technologies
- Leverage unified communication strategies
- Synchonize with current IT investments
- Leverage existing systems
- Automate processes via workflow
- Minimize IT involvement
- Reusable integration techniques
Business Studio – Business Analyst
Business Studio allows Administrators and Users (based on security profile) to create and modify request forms within the Vertical Services Platform™ – VSP™ applications. With drag-and-drop functionality users can continue to easily enhance the user experience and support the business needs of the operation. This tool can be included in the purchase of licensing and is typically leveraged after the initial phases of the project to further enhance your Return on Investment (ROI). Minimal training is required.
- IT and business oriented tools
- Multiple levels of configuration and customizability capabilities
- Online and on-site training sessions
- Industry standard language development
- Access anywhere, anytime via any browser
- Reduce ongoing costs
- Allow your operation to "own the technology"
- Leverage internal resources
- Use leading technology and languages
- Easily staff and support VSP™ applications
- Build additional functionality on platform technology